Like many services we try and take as much feedback from everyone, clients, staff and suppliers (360 degree feedback) and act on it to make things better. We run a customer satisfaction survey and welcome feedback and suggestions from all, acting on any suggestions that we can. If we get complaints we try to resolve them and then prevent them from happening again.
We often ask the staff things we could do to make the practice better, this is a bit negative but it does provide us with action points. For a change we asked them what they thought the practice was good at, our values if you like, at a recent practice meeting. The questioning was done anonymously and individually and the results were interesting. I have grouped the replies into rough headings;
– Friendly team (three times)
– Approachable and friendly nurses and vets
– Staff dedication
– Supporting staff training and development
– Going the extra mile
– Experienced staff
– High standard of care for all animals by both vets and nurses (four times)
– Good communication with clients
– Never saying ‘no’
– Well equipped practice
– Providing affordable care, good value for money (four times) One comment called this being ‘Price Effective’.
– Always trying to give the best possible nursing care
– Flexibility to accommodate client’s needs (twice)
Obviously this is a bit of navel gazing and sometimes we don’t produce the high quality of service we would like but it is important to keep striving to be better. However, it is great that the staff believe in these values which reflect where we would like the practice to be.